Essential Backpacking Skills Class
Essential Backpacking Skills Class
China Camp State Park, Marin County: Village Beach
Getting ready to spend the night out in a tent? Come out on this one day course to learn how to make a comfortable home for yourself in the wild. Whether backpacking or car camping, having a great day and getting a good night's rest in the outdoors comes down to having the right tent, sleeping system, stove, and gear storage. To learn the fundamentals, we'll hike with all of our gear to a mock campsite where we'll practice setting up camp. Our instructors will show you where to position your kitchen area, food storage, tent site, and bathroom facilities for maximum safety and comfort, all while following the Leave No Trace Principles.You'll learn practical camping skills for use in every situation, from car camping to long-distance backpacking.
- Learn to identify and build a campsite using the principles of Leave No Trace
- Practice setting up a camp kitchen, tent, and critter-proofing your food storage
- Learn about the gear needed for backpacking and systems for carrying it effectively
Bring to class:
- Hiking Boots
- Hiking Socks - Moisture wicking socks to help keep your feet cool and dry.
- Personal Prescription Medications - Including, but not limited to, epinephrine auto-injectors for anaphylactic allergies.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Water Bottle
- Weather Appropriate Clothing - Moisture wicking synthetic or wool layers to help keep you comfortable and/or dry.
- Energy Snacks
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Backpacking Equipment - Lightweight tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, etc.
- Wide Brim Hat w/ Retainer - Sun protective & safe in case of wind
- Backpack - Internal frame 45-65 liter pack.
- Backpacking Stove
- Group First Aid Kit - Contents include wound care items and over the counter medications for minor injuries and illnesses
- Sleeping Pad - Closed cell foam or self inflatable.
- Three Season Backpacking Tent
- Trekking Poles
- Water Filter
CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE: For programs after January 1st, 2023 you will need to cancel at least 7 days before the program to receive a refund or no-cost reschedule. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the course for check-in and plan accordingly for travel time. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated as this disrupts the experience for all other participants on the course.
How to place an order? web, phone, mail or fax.
We will ship tea and other items the first business day following your order date. We’ll deliver to your home or office. We offer several payment options: MasterCard, Visa, or American Express online. To contact us with any questions about ordering, please visit GetClassyHippie.com.
To order via the web:
Order online @ ClassyHippieTeaCo.com
What makes Classy Hippie Tea Co. Special?
Classy Hippie Tea Co. is building a global community through our commitment to sourcing, developing, and delivering the best and most beautiful tea to the people. We are the fastest growing tea company in the country right now. Every day we strive to develop beautiful teas, fair relations, and delicious approaches to living.
Where is Classy Hippie Tea Co. blended?
All of our Tea is proudly blended at our Certified kitchen on 1st ave. in Sacramento, CA.
How many Tea Blends do you have?
22 signature teas
13 Herbal Blends
6 single origins
How do I store Classy Hippie Tea?
All teas have a shelf life, to encourage the most beautiful cup, Classy Hippie Tea Co should be served ideally within 3 months of purchase. Avoid putting your tea in the refrigerator or freezer as this can cause your leaves to become stale faster.
Each order of our 2oz of sommelier select blends are packaged in a resealable pouch with a one way degassing valve to keep your tea fresh with the packing date stamped on the back.
What makes your tea special?
We are Community-based, Creative, Local, Great product and we are devoted to our social mission.
What is specialty tea?
Specialty tea is the highest quality tea in the world and refers to tea that scores an 80 or above on a 100 point scale. Specialty teas are grown in special and ideal climates, and are distinctive because of their full cup taste and little to no defects. The unique flavors and tastes are a result of the special characteristics and composition of the soil in which they are produced.
Where is your tea from?
We import and have direct relationships with tea farmers around the world. in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Indonesia, Guatemala, Brazil and Colombia.
What is the difference between white, green, and black roasted teas?
Generally, light roast teas are more acidic, bright, with fruity flavors and less body Note: Body refers to the mouthfeel - i.e. coffee feels thick and syrupy in the mouth or thin like tea.