Wilderness First Aid with NOLS and REI
Wilderness First Aid with NOLS and REI
Saturday, 2/11/2023 & Sunday, 2/12/2023
8:00 AM -5:00 PM PT
Sacramento Valley Conservancy: Camp Pollock
Prepare for the unexpected in this hands-on introduction to wilderness medicine program taught by our partners at NOLS. If you work in a wilderness setting, enjoy outdoor activities or recreation opportunities, this 16-hour course is for you! Instruction will take place in classrooms and outdoor settings regardless of weather. Course completion results in a Wilderness First Aid certification.
- Understand and apply the Patient Assessment System
- Provide effective first aid treatments for common injuries and illnesses
- Learn to make appropriate evacuation decisions.
Bring to class:
- Closed toed shoes
- Face Covering(s) - Masks should be two or more layers and fit snugly under the chin and over the nose and mouth. Please come prepared with more than one as your primary mask may get wet and no longer be functional.
- Notebook and Pen or Pencil
- Personal Prescription Medications - Including, but not limited to, epinephrine auto-injectors for anaphylactic allergies.
- Water Bottle
- Weather Appropriate Clothing - Moisture wicking synthetic or wool layers to help keep you comfortable and/or dry.
- Camp Chair - Bring a chair that can fit in your pack or is easy to carry.
- Money for Lunch
- Personal Camera
- Sit Pad
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Group First Aid Kit - Contents include wound care items and over the counter medications for minor injuries and illnesses
CANCELLATION POLICY UPDATE: For programs after January 1st, 2023 you will need to cancel at least 7 days before the program to receive a refund or no-cost reschedule.
How to place an order? web, phone, mail or fax.
We will ship tea and other items the first business day following your order date. We’ll deliver to your home or office. We offer several payment options: MasterCard, Visa, or American Express online. To contact us with any questions about ordering, please visit GetClassyHippie.com.
To order via the web:
Order online @ ClassyHippieTeaCo.com
What makes Classy Hippie Tea Co. Special?
Classy Hippie Tea Co. is building a global community through our commitment to sourcing, developing, and delivering the best and most beautiful tea to the people. We are the fastest growing tea company in the country right now. Every day we strive to develop beautiful teas, fair relations, and delicious approaches to living.
Where is Classy Hippie Tea Co. blended?
All of our Tea is proudly blended at our Certified kitchen on 1st ave. in Sacramento, CA.
How many Tea Blends do you have?
22 signature teas
13 Herbal Blends
6 single origins
How do I store Classy Hippie Tea?
All teas have a shelf life, to encourage the most beautiful cup, Classy Hippie Tea Co should be served ideally within 3 months of purchase. Avoid putting your tea in the refrigerator or freezer as this can cause your leaves to become stale faster.
Each order of our 2oz of sommelier select blends are packaged in a resealable pouch with a one way degassing valve to keep your tea fresh with the packing date stamped on the back.
What makes your tea special?
We are Community-based, Creative, Local, Great product and we are devoted to our social mission.
What is specialty tea?
Specialty tea is the highest quality tea in the world and refers to tea that scores an 80 or above on a 100 point scale. Specialty teas are grown in special and ideal climates, and are distinctive because of their full cup taste and little to no defects. The unique flavors and tastes are a result of the special characteristics and composition of the soil in which they are produced.
Where is your tea from?
We import and have direct relationships with tea farmers around the world. in Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Indonesia, Guatemala, Brazil and Colombia.
What is the difference between white, green, and black roasted teas?
Generally, light roast teas are more acidic, bright, with fruity flavors and less body Note: Body refers to the mouthfeel - i.e. coffee feels thick and syrupy in the mouth or thin like tea.